Sunday 27 July 2014

Around the world in 80 days - Home


And we're home.



After 80 days of the most amazing experiences and time with my most loved family we arrive home safely.

We had a wonderful final week in Phuket Thailand.



Lots of nothing this week, in fact it wasn't until Thursday evening we left the resort to venture out for dinner at the local town down the road. And after getting slightly carried away with some fresh seafood and not realising weight per pay I bought the biggest and most expensive prawns ever - equivalent of $20 AUD ea. But as big as the biggest banana -  and worth it at the end of our wonderful trip.



Our last night was just as special,  and as much in talking about the trip we were completing. Favourite experiences?, what you learnt?, what was interesting?  were part of our discussions.




The history of France, the bike ride tours, Pompeii, and spending time with our family were some of the many noted points.

We are all very conscious that trip like this is not possible for everyone for a range of different reasons. It is something I have personally cherished so much and  certainly used to ensure I had very special time with my dearest family. My walks and talks with my daughter's,  our laughter, tears, excitement and fun in being together has certainly been so satisfying.

The time with Angela is just the same. We've both loved each others company, being together for this amount of time is a foreign thing for most of us due to work consuming most of the time in our weeks - we've walked the idyllic romantic streets, rivers, parks and beaches and we've pinched ourselves while doing it. But my satisfaction comes from watching my beautiful wife, laughing and playing with our girls - the simple things that makes life what its all about - and ultimately all we could ask for,  Happy,  Healthy children.

Journeys like this are special and must influence us in what and who we are, and whatever that journey is - it's important. My lesson and maybe advise is to simply enjoy your journey,  make it as happy as you can (as there is the reality of bad days and luck for us all from time to time) - you don't know what's around that next corner and no matter who, where or what we are we can all only live the moment we are in.

Work is that other reality the we all must have . We've seen and met so many people on this trip while they are working. Those free smiles - when you get one, you give one, a hello, Bonjour, or good morning from a stranger working the cafe, bus, or whatever they were doing would often help shape our day. Happy people finding positive and happiness in what they do. It's a great lesson.

I can't wait to return to work.  It's a big part of my life and will remain that way for this period of my life because I derive so much enjoyment,  satisfaction and happiness from what I do and those I work with.

I can't wait to return home to share a juice (time to have a break) with my mates and our friends - Those who every day also add so much fulfilment to our lives and help also add to the happiness we enjoy.

I can't wait to see our parents,  my brother and sister, niece and nephew and enjoy time with them and their families,  partners and kids.

And finally I can't wait to get back to 'normal' life with my family, where we sit down to dinner most nights,  talk about our days and continue to love and cherish the family I have have.

Thank you to those who have enjoyed this journey with me. As I started out by saying,  this blog gave me a chance to keep a diary as much as allow it as a communication tool for those interested in keeping up with where we were and what we were doing - I think I've achieved that and shared a bit more of the person I am in doing that.

It's so nice to be back home - love to you all, especially Ange, who as always was the back bone to making this trip happen - I Love you.

I was The Happy Traveller.




Phuket - Thailand.

We're on our way from Rome. 

One bombed out Liv Liv arriving in Phuket. 



Big enough to be seated alone. 


Back on the bikes.


My beautiful Claire. 

Ange finally got her Japanese meal.

Google again making magic from a series of my photos

Our pink Tuk Tuk ride



The last supper! 


Goodbye - 



1 comment:

  1. Nice one Cuz.

    Special times.

    Proud to call you my cousin, such beautiful words about your family.

    Cam

    ReplyDelete